Wednesday, July 8, 2009

let me introduce myself


my name is kate (obviously). i live in a cute, little townhouse near allentown, pennsylvania with my adorable husband, aaron, and our colorful fish. a few of my favorite things are pearls, coffee, photoshop, jack bauer and vintage glassware... especially jadite.

for me, it was love at first sight. one day i was putting away groceries for my grandmother when i spotted her Fire King jadite batter bowl. i loved the beautiful color and glossy shine, and i've been obsessed (in a healthy way) with jadite ever since. Fire King's Jane Ray pattern was the first pattern i started to collect, but later i traded that in for their Turquoise pattern. i also started collecting Hazel Atlas' Moderntone Platonite. below is a photo of my collection. this cabinet, filled with glassware, is one of my favorite things in my house.

(the green glass is jadite, the blue is Fire King's Turquoise,
and the milk glass with the red stripe is Hazel Atlas' Moderntone)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that cabinet. It looks like something out of a magazine. You are very talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Fire King's delphite blue and the turquoise the same thing? I love your display.openeyes1_me at msn

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! i just saw your question on my blog today... i am so sorry that it took me so long to get back to you.

    you had a question about dephite and turquoise. Fire King's Blue is called Turquoise. it is a robin's egg blue color. Fire King also made a lighter blue color called Azurite. it is a very pale blue that almost looks white like milk glass.

    other glass companies like McKee and Jeannette had a blue that was more of a medium purplish-blue. that is called delphite.

    i hope that helps answer your question. if there is anything else i can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jadite! I only wish I had more room to get more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selling the turquoise blue from the 50's
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/94583718/rare-turquoise-blue-fire-king-dishware

    ReplyDelete