Sunday, July 12, 2009

vintage + cottage = fantastic

on friday i spent a little mother-daughter time with my mom in lancaster, pennsylvania. we shopped the outlets (pottery barn outlet - need i say more?) and then stopped at our favorite place to eat in the town next door: strasburg's country store & creamery. my parents have taken my sister and i there since we were kids, so it's a family tradition to go there when we are in town. i love their homemade ice cream, but what i love even more than that is the little store in the back of the parking lot. you can easily miss it if you aren't looking for it. it looks like an apartment, but the bottom level is lulu and tutz. this store is FANTASTIC! if you like cottage or girly vintage things this place is for you.

when you walk in you are greeted with chandeliers, a trellis, and this neat turquoise shelf. i would love to put teacups & saucers on it and hang it in my kitchen.

in the back of the store is the "vintage kitchen" section. even though most of these things are reproductions, they are still wonderful. the pink canisters especially caught my eye. and a milk glass Fire King devil egg plate, which will be listed in my store shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kate! I remember you! I was in a bit of a funk when you were in the shop the other day...I think I went back to work too early after arriving home from Africa...I just wasn't ready to fit right back into life, I guess! But, I do remember your buying the egg dish...and I believe you asked me about our blog. Thanks for featuring us!

    ReplyDelete