Wednesday, May 5, 2010

jadite in better homes & gardens

sorry for the lack of post lately... i blame it on my lack of inspiration. the great thing about not being inspired, is something has to catch your eye eventually. that's what happened to me last week when i was hanging out with my parents. my mom gets a varied assortment of magazines, one being better homes and gardens. i was looking through the may 2010 issue, when i saw this:

BH&G had a 2 page article on how washington d.c. native, stephanie rigaux, redesigned her kitchen and decorated it with her jadite collection. this woman has some really fantastic pieces! for example, that McKee jadite flour canister in the last photo is worth about $225. they are super rare.

all photos © better homes and gardens may 2010

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'll have to snag that issue. Love that magazine and that issue with the gorgeous jadite looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with Jadite! I am in the middle of a kitchen reno as we speak and can't wait for it to be done so my Jadite can start living in their new home.

    The magazine picture is amazing....I must try to find that issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, question. Speaking of rare...are the ball pitchers just impossible to find??? How much would they be worth? How about pie plates? Do they exist in original jadite? I have a knock off only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi charlene. thanks for your questions.

    ball pitchers: there are a lot of reproductions out there. i honestly don't know much about the "real" ones. sorry.

    jadite pie plates: the originals do not have handles and are worth about $175. honestly, if i bought one, i'd never use it. you can find a few on ebay. also, anchor hocking made some jadite pie plates with handles a few years ago... i have also seen them on ebay.

    hope that helps! -jaditekate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just saw my house in your blog, thanks!! I love jadite and have been collecting for about 10 years - it inspired the color of my kitchen/ family room and as you see is the centerpiece of my kitchen renovation. Thanks for looking :)
    Stephanie
    www.dcestates.net

    ReplyDelete