Monday, September 6, 2010

amazing jadite collection

a fellow etsian found me and sent me amazing photos of his jadite collection. here is a little bit about trenton and his collection:

tell us a little about yourself (where you're from, what you do for a living, etc.). My name is Trenton. I'm originally from South Central Nebraska, now living in Omaha. I graduated from high school in 2001. I work from home doing Medical Billing and also farm with my dad. When I'm not working, I'm traveling to auctions, antique malls, and flea markets.

you obviously love jadite. what about it made you want to become a collector? I became a collector when I was at a friend's house and saw her Jadite Swirl mixing bowls. When I first saw them it sparked my memory of my grandma having them. Just as soon as I got to the car I called my grandma to see if she still had them. To my disappointment, she used them until there was nothing left and were thrown away. After that I went out on a search and I found at an auction a 9", 7", and 5" swirl mixing bowls, 2 chili bowls, batter bowl, and Jane Ray platter. When I got home and did some research I didn't realize until then how many different Jadite items there were. To top it off I was excited to find out that the 5" swirl mixing bowl was rare and was a good buy for $1.

what is your favorite piece in your collection, and why? My favorite piece would have to be the swirl mixing bowl set because that's what my grandma had.

how long has it taken you to acquire such a large collection? It has only taken me since Spring of 2008 to acquire my collection.

do you use any of your pieces? or are they just for display? I do use my pieces. More so the ones that are already showing wear. I had a dinner party once and had 6 friends over. I made steaks and all the fixings, however the whole time all I heard over the conversation was the noise of the knives on the plates. After that, when I have company over all, meals are served on paper plates.

do you prefer one manufacturer of jadite over another (example: fire king, mckee, jeanette, fenton, etc.)? I prefer Fire King over any others just because I want the color to be all the same.

is there a particular piece that are you are looking for and haven't found (or been able to afford)? if so, what is it? There isn't any particular piece I'm looking for. It's the hunt that I enjoy most of all. I go to auctions in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and South Dakota.

here are some photos of trenton's collection:




9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Beautiful!

    *kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. His collection is amazing and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY.

    I am dying.

    His collection puts mine to SHAME! Wow. He's my new antiquing hero.

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm glad you all like my collection

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm heading to an auction this weekend to get more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw whAT a beautiful collection!!! I thought I was getting alot:) elma
    elma2179@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collection!
    I have alot of them too and wishe to complete them...
    Pls advise me if you know where I can buy them.
    Thanks in advance.
    marjan_bonakdar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home listings and homes for sale near your area.
    Find your perfect property advertised by owner or real estate agent.
    More details link

    ReplyDelete