Monday, January 24, 2011

fantastic find

i visited one of my favorite antique stores the other day and found this:

like the jadite versions, Fire King also made their d-handle mugs in this beautiful turquoise color. what made this a fantastic find is that it is in mint condition and cost $12!!! these are hard to find under $40 in such great condition.

as soon as i brought it home, i washed it and placed it in my china cabinet. the cabinet once belonged to my grandparents and now houses my Fire King turquoise collection.

7 comments:

  1. Great find. I recently sold a 16pc dinner set of the turquoise blue. I still have my very first sugar turquoise blue my husband found for me on the longest yrd sale 7yrs ago.

    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is amazing. What a beautiful collection you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection!! Would love to see your Jadite collection:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi elma! i will post a photo of my jadite collection soon. thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to hug your china cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM JEALOUS! I just started collecting. I bought a 1 quart Delphite Swedish mixing bowl at a local antique store for $4!! Little did I know it was worth over $60! I will now collect it for as long as I can :) Thanks for sharing your collection. I am truly envious!

    ReplyDelete