Tuesday, March 15, 2011

egg cups

with easter just over a month away, i thought i'd do an feature on egg cups. i never really got into collecting these little holders, but i found three that i couldn't pass up. they are shaped like a chick and were produced by the french glass company, opalex. what i love most about them are the colors... pale pink, milk glass, and the perfect shade of turquoise. these little guys have a permanent home in my kitchen cabinet.



here are some other egg cups that are for sale in my etsy shop:

McKee jadite

Fire King jadite

painted milk glass

jadite with grape leaf detail

7 comments:

  1. Hi-
    I love your blog! So much I awarded you The Versatile Blogger award. Go to my blog Snackgrila.blogspot.com for more details!!
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the opalex ones!!! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww cute!! Love your chic egg cups, such wonderful colors.. The jadite ones in your shop is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word I love the opalex chicks!!!I would love some:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chic ones! To be honest, I recently drank a mixed shot out of one due to there being no other suitable glass in this particular condo I was staying in. I am shocked to see that very egg cup here! Too funny.
    http://needleshooksbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete