Wednesday, March 30, 2011

harold & jane

i'm happy to introduce you to theresa carlton, my march featured etsy seller. she runs her custom jewelry shop, harold & jane, out of her seattle apartment which she shares with her husband. theresa was kind enough to make four custom necklaces for me, which i love!!! here is a little more about her and her work.

Please tell us a little about yourself. I grew up in a small town in Northern Idaho and moved to Seattle for college. I met my husband Elias while we were attending classes in the Visual Communications program at Seattle Pacific University. We married after I graduated and moved into a small apartment where we have lived for nearly 4 years. We are both very creative and put a lot of time into our home, blog, and miscellaneous projects that inspire us.

What made you interested in jewelry? My Mom and I started making jewelry when I was in high school for a fun hobby. We all know however that if you have a fun hobby or collection, soon you will be over-run with the very item you love to make or collect. Making and selling jewelry is a way for me to keep creating pieces I love without being crowded out of my own home by bracelets and necklaces.

What is your favorite thing/piece to make? I don't have a particular item that is my favorite to make, I just have to be inspired. I have sat down before with sense that I HAD to make something. Without inspiration I don't have much fun and I get frustrated with the materials I have on hand. If I am inspired, I can sit down and create for hours, have a great time, and make some pieces that I am really in love with.

Do you sell anywhere other than Etsy? If yes, where? I don't sell jewelry anywhere other than Etsy but I have started selling hand studded ballet sippers (a fairly recent addition to my shop) on a site called Emmaline Bride, a great resource if you are looking to do a handmade wedding.
http://emmalinebride.com/marketplace/ballet-slippers/

What are your goals for your shop for 2011? I would love to re-brand the site. My header "Logo" was something that I threw together just to get the shop up and running. I want to spend some time creating a mark that will last and grow as my shop grows. I have added the ballet slippers to my site yet it is still marketed as a jewelry shop. My husband and I both love to use our hands to create. I would love for this to be a place where we can be free to make whatever we are inspired to make and put it up in Harold & Jane.

Theresa and her husband also have a blog. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment