Saturday, April 9, 2011

garden

one thing i love about spring is going to our local greenhouse and picking out herbs and house plants. it's like a reward for surviving the winter. our home owners association doesn't allow us to plant gardens outside, so i started a small one in my kitchen. this also gave me an excuse to use some of my glass flower pots.

clockwise from top left i have mint in a milk glass hobnail pot, ranunculus in a mckee jadite jardiniere, last year's basil in a smaller milk glass hobnail pot, new basil in an enamel dish, garlic in a ceramic pot, and ranunculus bulbs in a jadite bulb bowl.

4 comments:

  1. Awe Kate, this is such a good idea! I love it! I've been wanting to plant herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Kate! I love bringing spring indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a hobnail planter for my birthday. I love it! I love your jadite bulb bowl. Very springy!
    http://needleshooksbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet garden collection Kater! Bah Humbug to those Home Owner's Association folks. Who doesn't love Spring flowers?

    ReplyDelete