Wednesday, November 30, 2011

paulina carcach

i am so excited to introduce you to my november featured seller: paulina carcach. i really love the handbags she creates... i have bought one for myself for my birthday the past two years. they hold up so well and are so beautiful. i hope you will enjoy getting to know a little about her and her wonderful shop.

Please tell us a little about yourself and your shop. I was born and raised in Guanajuato, Mexico. I’m the second child of three siblings, I remember watching my father and grandfather make cowboy boots by hand, we loved and appreciated anything handmade. I grew up helping them carry leather and materials around the place. Prior to working in the fashion world, I was fascinated by Interior Design and Architecture. I graduated from the Interior and Design Program at the Academy of Art San Francisco and worked at a Design Firm for three years. I decided to start designing and creating handbags when I found myself needing the perfect handbag for work. I founded Paulina Carcach Studio in 2008, we offer a wide selection of unique and handcrafted items, every product I personally design. My vision for my label is to create handbags that are both luxurious and wearable, with a beautiful feminine touch. We strive to make our handbags timeless and modern, but never cold. All of our materials are handpicked with care for its style, wearability and quality.


What prompted you to start creating and selling handbags?
I have always been a handbag fanatic, and I found myself looking for the perfect handbag many times. With the experience I have gained over the years on leather and designing, in the year of 2000 I thought it was the perfect time to start making my own bags.

What inspires your designs? Anything around me. My family, my friends and the fashion world.

Do you have a favorite bag that you have made? Well, that changes every year, every handbag I make becomes my favorite until I start making a new one. But, if I had to choose one it will be Valentina in Mint Calfskin.

Other than creating beautiful purses, belts & earrings, what are your favorite things to do? I love spending quality time with my 10 month old son. It is the most wonderful thing has ever happen to me.

You can find Paulina Carcach on etsy, facebook, twitter and her website.


2 comments:

  1. you can contact paulina and she can make a custom bag for you.

    ReplyDelete